Thursday, July 1, 2010

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

A brief post, kids:

I'm off Monday morning to the Czech Republic for two weeks, for a conference and vacation. I'm excited, but nervous to leave Alex for that long. It isn't that I don't trust her, but I hate the thought of 7,000 miles between us. She always has a fear something will keep me from getting back, like a volcano. If that happens, though, you can bet I'll be winding my way home via England, Scotland, The Hebrides, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland, Canada, then home by way of those beautiful country roads, back to Texas, Waco, Texas, where my heart is now home.

I'll be spending the weekend with her, soaking up as much of her radiance as I can before I fly out to the land of my ancestors. I look forward to all seeing you when I return.


-John M. Tomeček

2 comments:

Alexandra Tomečková said...

As always, you are sweet. Please just come home safely. I know a volcano may not deter you from home, but you know how I fear flying and anyone else doing so too.

Lisa said...

Manowar are playing at Masters of Rock 2010 in Vizovice, CZ, on the 16th of July. You should go if you can! http://www.mastersofrock.cz/www/index.html